YOUR PRIVATE GETAWAY IN UNDERBERG
Thimble Cottage: Is our much-loved family holiday cottage situated outside of Underberg on the road towards Drakensberg Gardens. It has been in our family for over 30 years, and has kept all its charm and rustic appeal. It is the perfect place to simply unwind and relax, get away from it all, write a book, be an artist, or go for long hikes, bicycle rides or tubing down the river.
THE COTTAGE LAYOUT
SLEEPS 8 people: 6 adults and 2 kids.
Thimble comprises of the MAIN COTTAGE and "THIMBLET" -a separate family unit.
These can not be let out separately.
THE MAIN COTTAGE - Sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms
- Bathroom (bath, and a shower over the bath)
- Lounge / dining area with a lovely fireplace
- Main Downstairs Bedroom with a double bed.
- Upstairs cozy reading nook come play room
- Upstairs Shower Room.
- Upstairs Second bedroom with Twin beds
THIMBLET - Sleeps a family of 4
- This is a separate flatlet which is a large spacious family room
- Shower room
- Bedroom with Queen size bed
- Bunk Bed for kids
MOUNTAINS & RIVERS
- Beautiful walks on the property and along the Umzimkulu River, look out for duiker, and porcupine quills.
- Visit our very local Underberg Cheesery and the best Plant Nursery ever down Penny Lane.
- The Old Duck for the best cappuccino in the Drakensberg or a delicious meal. Fabulous fun for kids: playground, chickens, bunnies, more. Lovely gift shop “Vanilla Rose” also on the premises.
- Tubing down the river in the summer months. Start around the “Old Trout hatchery” or further upstream.
- Loads of hiking trails from “Drakensberg Gardens Hotel”. “Cobham nature reserve” and more.
- Fabulous selection of Mountain biking trails starting from The Old Duck.
- A selection of restaurants around and about.
PROVIDED & FEATURES:
- Fully equipped kitchen for your self-catering needs
- Spacious under cover veranda
- Portable Braai (found in the garage)
- Indoor fireplace in the lounge
- Undercover lockable garage for 1 car
- Children welcome
- A house keeper – Cottage is serviced daily,
- Bedding and bath towels are supplied.
- Laundry Service (wash and dry only, no ironing)
- Our tap water is from a spring and is refreshing and safe to drink. However, if you have only ever drunk town water, we suggest rather bringing bottled water with you, or boil the tap water first.
- Big Truck Tubes for floating down the river or chilling on in the dam. Please put back in garage after use. Please don’t leave them outside in the sun, as the rubber will perish
- Paddles for the boats on the dam. Boats to be used on dam only. Return paddles to garage after use.
- Your own Swimming Towels
- All your own food and beverages. We have a few things in the cupboard in case you may forget something, you are welcome to use these, but please replace for the next guest.
- Your own Toiletries, and Mozzi spray in summer.
- Charcoal for a braai (BBQ)
- Wood for the fire area. Or chop your own from dead trees in the pine forest. (Axe in the garage)
- Swimming gear. The dam is great fun to swim in, and tubing down the river is fabulous fun (Tubes in the garage) – they may need patching and pumping – at your cost.
- Cold weather gear even in summer months.
- Your own Flashlight (Torch). We do have rechargeable candles in case the electricity goes out.
- Hiking boots, fishing rods and bicycles if you are into that sort of thing.
- Great books, board games and a sketch book if this is more your scene.
- stap (minder as 5km)
- Vlieg visvang
- yskas / vrieskas
- fire extinguisher
- kombuis (volledig toegerus)
- linne en handdoeke voorsien
- Malaria vry
- meer op die terrein
- mikrogolf in eenheid
- parkering op die terrein
- perdry (minder as 5km)
- private ingang
- stoof in eenheid
- visvang (minder as 3 km)
- volledig ingeslote kombuis
- wasmasjien op die terrein