Desert Hills Glamping Tented Camp
Luxury tented camp accommodation in a scenic valley2>
Set on a ridge, Desert Hills Glamping Camp offers amazing views over the valley beneath. Promising tranquillity and serenity, the camp is located off the normal tourist track and yet still close enough to Sossusvlei and Sesriem for day visits.
Situated just 17km south of the Sesriem turnoff on the C19, the camp is situated in an isolated scenic valley on a private farm approximately 1.5km away from Desert Hills Lodge.
Even though Desert Hills Glamping Camp is a tented camp, it is not comparable to one at all. Each tent has been built with a wooden-style frame and canvas panelling covered by a wide flysheet to avoid extreme heat, but to still provide the tented effect.
Taking privacy into consideration, the tents are located within adequate distance of each other but still within easy access to the main facilities. The rooms have been furnished with love and meticulous detail and offer guests the luxury they deserve.
11 twin tents & 1 family unit (ca. 43sqm) each with en-suite bathroom (shower, wash basin and flush toilet), freestanding fan and 220V electricity.
0 – 6 years stay free of charge
7 – 12 years pay 50 % off the per person adult sharing rate
13 years plus pay the full rate
- A full English breakfast will be served at the start of the day.
- Dinner consists of a three-course set menu.
- Breakfast and picnic packs will be on offer for guests wanting to depart early for Sossusvlei or other destinations.
- A well-stocked honesty bar is available in the main area tent
- There is cell phone coverage across the entire camp area.
- The main tent area consists of a large modern stylish mess tent with lounge and small bar area, the dining area leads out to an outside shaded patio with a wooden deck and a pool.
- A fire pit in front of the main unit offers the perfect spot to enjoy the spectacular Namibian night sky.
Further facts about the camp:
- The rate includes accommodation, daily breakfast and dinner, as well as one lunch / lunch pack and selected local beverages.
- The camp is accessible by all kinds of vehicles.
- Elevation 968 meters above sea level.
- Guided trips into Sossusvlei and surrounding areas and a sundowner drive are on offer (additional price)
- The closest airfield lies at Witwater, approx. 5km away.
- Pool available
Camp location: GPS coordinates - 24°35’35.2”S 15°57’53.7”E
- Linen & towels provided
- Free standing fan in all tents
- 220V electricity in all tents
- Parking onsite
- Cellphone coverage in the main tent
- Airfield only approx. 5km away
- Daily breakfast and dinner
- One lunch or lunch pack
- Selected local beverages
- 15% VAT
- Tourism Levy
- Premium beverages
- Personal expenses