Beka Idube Bushveld Luxury Tents
Need to totally get-away-from-it-all? Doing nothing is not always easy but relaxing is the obvious thing to do at Beka Idube.
Bring along a book or three and a good partner.
Beka Idube's tented camp is ideal for nature lovers who want to stay safari - style without sacrificing their comforts.
Each Tent enjoys a private setting with private viewing deck and its own plunge pool. The ultimate setting for outdoor self-catering. (Regret No Children - or Pets)
All tents have a wood-burning furnace that heats the private plunge pools on the decks. Meercat tent has an outside shower.
Genuine bushveld surroundings including free roaming game plus excellent birding. Experience the tranquillity of the African bush in this secluded bushveld hide-away.
Beka Idube is a perfect spot to totally chill out and enjoy the call of the night jar & cry of the jackal.
Come share in the paradise that we found at Beka Idube. A genuine bush lovers and bird watchers paradise!
This is warm, blue sky, Bushveld country, is Malaria free and in winter four degrees warmer than Johannesburg.
Sadly, time and rising costs relating to fuel and toll fees often does not allow for one to enjoy a well deserved weekend away. Beka Idube offers an ideal affordable weekend or midweek getaway to nature lovers.
Situated a stone throw away from the greater Pretoria area, Sandton, O.R.T. International Airport, East & West Rand. 20 minutes drive from the historical diamond mine village of Cullinan.
- 3 bushveld luxury tents each in total privacy.
- Each Tent has its own plunge pool and game water hole.
- All tents have wood burning furnace that heats the plunge pool.
- One tent has an outside shower.
- King-size bed.
- En-suite shower.
- Private open air braai area. (Webber, Braai + fire pit).
- Fully equipped Kitchenette with refrigerator/freezer, microwave plus hotplate.
- All linen, bedding, crockery, cutlery etc. is provided. Fan or Heater
+ electric blankets in winter.
- Over 150 species spotted.
- Beka Idube is a must for serious birdwatchers.
- Bird List on request.
Black-backed jackal, duiker, impala, kudu, vervet monkey, warthog and zebra.
Hedgehog, porcupine, slender and banned mongoose, white tail mouse, caracal (rooikat), small spotted genet, spring hare, bush baby, tree agama, and rock monitor, lizards, tortoise etc. Always remember to close your tent when heading out or expect monkey and mongoose visitors.
Should you wish to spoil yourself a visit to the Ukuthula day spa, bordering on Beka Idube is a must. Please contact us for bookings. A good day trip is to the diamond village Cullinan. Meander through the historical village of Cullinan within a beautiful setting with its very own diamond mine. Do a tour of a working diamond mine. See the big hole of Cullinan. Arrange a round of golf at the Cullinan Golf Club. All this only 20 minutes down the road. All facilities a premier tourist destination.
Don't Forget to Bring:
Torch, binoculars, camera, towels for the pool, hat, sun protection, Tabard and warm clothing for the winter evenings.
NB: To retain tranquillity Regret no children or pets.
S 25 degrees, 29 minutes, 48.50 seconds
E 28 degrees, 30 minutes, 23.50 secondsDirections to Beka Idube.
- From OR Tambo International Airport.
- Take the N1 North towards Pietersburg (Polokwane).
- Take the Sefako Makgatho Drive (Zambezi Drive) off-ramp, turn right on the R513 after the toll-gate.
- At the second robot turn left onto the R573 Moloto Road towards Kwa Mhlanga.
- Continue on the R573 for 32 Kilometres.
- Turn left at White & Black sign Leeuwkloof Valley.
- Continue to Security on Dirt Road past chicken farm.
- Follow signs to Beka Idube.
More than 1 month before check-in 100% deposit refunded
More than 1 week before check-in 50% deposit refunded
Less than 1 week before check-in No refund
Aankoms En Vertrek Tye
Arrival times - 14h00
Departures - 10h00 - In cases where nobody is booking in on the same day, special arrangement may be made for a later departure
Terme Van Betaling
50% deposit required to confirm you booking. Payment to be made within 2 days of making the booking.
Reëls / Voorwaardes
No Children or pets allowed. This is because of safety issues with pools being on the decks of the tents. Also because of game roaming freely around the farm